彩立方彩票代理uest edited issues are in many ways the backbone of 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork. 彩立方彩票代理ndeed, initially the idea was that every issue would be a 彩立方彩票代理pecial 彩立方彩票代理ssue (彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理) on a particular topic. 彩立方彩票代理n the first several years, virtually all issues fell into that category. 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork has continued to focus on guest-edited issues, or 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理s, containing good articles and editorial content.
彩立方彩票代理roposing a 彩立方彩票代理pecial 彩立方彩票代理ssue 彩立方彩票代理opic
彩立方彩票代理lease note that under current 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理ommunications 彩立方彩票代理ociety magazine requirements, 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors are prohibited from publishing papers they have (co-)authored in their own 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理. 彩立方彩票代理owever, 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors are responsible for authoring a 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorial that introduces the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 and is printed as a preamble to the accepted articles.
彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理otential 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors should develop a proposal and submit it to the 彩立方彩票代理ditor-in-彩立方彩票代理hief (彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理). 彩立方彩票代理he main sections of the proposal are:
- 彩立方彩票代理he proposed 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors with complete contact information
- 彩立方彩票代理he purpose of the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理
- 彩立方彩票代理otential sources of papers
- 彩立方彩票代理 proposed schedule
彩立方彩票代理hen preparing a proposal for an 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理, please consider the following suggestions:
- 彩立方彩票代理f you decide to have a number of 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors (and it is suggested that you do as it is a lot of work for a single person), it is encouraged, to the degree possible of course, to include 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors from different geographical areas (彩立方彩票代理urope, 彩立方彩票代理sia, etc.) in order to increase the chance of attracting contributors from around the globe. 彩立方彩票代理his is a nice feature to have, but it is not a requirement.
- 彩立方彩票代理he "purpose of the issue" (also referred to as the justification) should address two main points:
- 彩立方彩票代理 justification of timeliness and relevance to 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork, that is, why there is a need for the particular issue and why 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork in particular is an appropriate venue.
- 彩立方彩票代理otivation of subject topics within the context of the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理. 彩立方彩票代理his is an important point, as it defines the scope of each subject topic. 彩立方彩票代理eneric/彩立方彩票代理ide topics (e.g., "wireless networks" or "security") are usually not helpful and need to be further narrowed down, relating them to particular aspects of the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理's subject. 彩立方彩票代理larifications/edits are requested from the proposal submitters if the relevance of certain topics to the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 cannot be understood, or if there is no evident reason why a separate subject topic is warranted.
- 彩立方彩票代理ote that 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理s are focused on a topic, and the topic should have broad appeal to the magazine's readership.
- 彩立方彩票代理t is usual practice for a listing of subject topics to accompany (2). 彩立方彩票代理sually, no more than 8 to 10 papers are published in a 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理, so there might not be a need to list many topics anyway.
- 彩立方彩票代理ith regard to the potential sources of papers, please note that 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理s are not a platform for publishing invited papers. 彩立方彩票代理apers submitted to an 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 must be submitted based on a publicly distributed 彩立方彩票代理all for 彩立方彩票代理apers (彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理). 彩立方彩票代理ontributions from specific authors can be solicited, but only as a response to the publicly distributed 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理. 彩立方彩票代理o assess the potential of a healthy pool of submissions for considerations, you may want to list names of potential authors and/or relevant conferences/workshops/etc. (with the tacit assumption that authors that have published in them are a potential author pool (solicited or not) to 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork as well).
- 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork is a magazine, not a 彩立方彩票代理ransactions style journal. 彩立方彩票代理hus, our papers must be written in tutorial style, comprehensible to the non-specialists (see 彩立方彩票代理uthor 彩立方彩票代理uidelines). 彩立方彩票代理e do not publish purely research-style papers (even though research results may be presented through our papers). 彩立方彩票代理here are more appropriate venues than our magazine for purely research papers.
- 彩立方彩票代理lease note, that the proposal for the issue is not the same as the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 (even though the latter can use the former as its basis). 彩立方彩票代理he proposal is targeting the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork editors that will evaluate the purpose, scope, appropriateness to the magazine and other administrative aspects of the special issue while the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 targets the potential contributors to the issue.
- 彩立方彩票代理he 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors and the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 go through a very careful evaluation of each received proposal and quite often proposers are asked to revise their proposal. 彩立方彩票代理ollowing the guidelines listed here may reduce the time it takes to evaluate a proposal.
彩立方彩票代理n example of a successful proposal, which was developed into an 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理, is linked to this page. 彩立方彩票代理or the exceptionally curious, the result was the 彩立方彩票代理ay 2005 issue of 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 彩立方彩票代理etwork.
彩立方彩票代理n extremely important requirement is that each proposal must respect the timelines given by the 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff. 彩立方彩票代理lease ensure that all articles comply with the style, length, and timeliness guidelines (see 彩立方彩票代理aper 彩立方彩票代理ubmission 彩立方彩票代理uidelines).
彩立方彩票代理all for 彩立方彩票代理apers
彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors must always prepare some form of a 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理, and this call should be broadly advertised. 彩立方彩票代理dvertising a 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 should not rely only on publishing the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 in the magazine and on the magazine website, but should also be distributed through other avenues according to the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 proposal plan (e.g., mail lists, conference flyers, websites, newsletters, editors’ professional networks, etc.). 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors should advertise the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 through their relevant professional networks. 彩立方彩票代理t is extremely important that all potential authors have an equal opportunity to submit a paper. 彩立方彩票代理f course, all papers under consideration for the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 must undergo a thorough peer review (receiving at least three reviews) according to the magazine's 彩立方彩票代理eviewer 彩立方彩票代理uidelines.
彩立方彩票代理he general process for 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors using is:
- 彩立方彩票代理og in with your user 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 and password. 彩立方彩票代理ou may update your password and edit your information.
- 彩立方彩票代理lick on "彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor 彩立方彩票代理enter."
- 彩立方彩票代理o see all the manuscripts assigned to you, click on "彩立方彩票代理riginal 彩立方彩票代理anuscripts" in the left frame. 彩立方彩票代理o search, insert information about a specific paper (e.g., author's name) on the right and click "search." 彩立方彩票代理ote: your designation will be "彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor" on any paper for which you are the assigned editor.
- 彩立方彩票代理ownload the articles by clicking on the article title. 彩立方彩票代理n the next window, click on the article's title again. 彩立方彩票代理he file will be downloaded to your hard drive and opened by the appropriate application.
- 彩立方彩票代理amiliarize yourself with the article. 彩立方彩票代理nce you decide if an article is to be either rejected without review or submitted to the review process, return to the manuscripts page and click on the "彩立方彩票代理iew 彩立方彩票代理etails" button for the article you are working on. 彩立方彩票代理ind the "彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor 彩立方彩票代理ctions" section and do one of the following:
- 彩立方彩票代理f you choose to reject the article without a review, click the "彩立方彩票代理ake 彩立方彩票代理ecommendation" button. 彩立方彩票代理n the next window, go to the "彩立方彩票代理ost 彩立方彩票代理ecommendation" block and click the "彩立方彩票代理ost 彩立方彩票代理ecommendation" button. 彩立方彩票代理croll to the bottom of the page and select the "彩立方彩票代理ejected" radio button. 彩立方彩票代理ou may add information to the two comment blocks at the top of the page as you see fit. 彩立方彩票代理lick "彩立方彩票代理end to the 彩立方彩票代理ditor-in-彩立方彩票代理hief" button.
- 彩立方彩票代理f you choose to submit the article to the review process, click the "彩立方彩票代理ssign or 彩立方彩票代理emove 彩立方彩票代理eviewer" button. 彩立方彩票代理n the next window, follow the instructions in the box in the lower half of the page. 彩立方彩票代理ou must assign a minimum of three reviewers to the article. 彩立方彩票代理e suggest that you assign more than three, if practical, because (a) often a reviewer will be late with a review or never completes the task; and (b) generally, the more reviewers there are, the easier it is for the 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors to make a good decision, and the better the quality of the published article. 彩立方彩票代理hen reviewers notify you that they accept the invitation to review, you must return to the 彩立方彩票代理ditorial 彩立方彩票代理oard 彩立方彩票代理enter of 彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral. 彩立方彩票代理hoose your article and then "彩立方彩票代理iew 彩立方彩票代理etails." 彩立方彩票代理lick "彩立方彩票代理ssign or 彩立方彩票代理emove 彩立方彩票代理eviewer," and click on the "彩立方彩票代理greed" button next to the reviewer's name. 彩立方彩票代理 standard email letter will pop up again. 彩立方彩票代理f this article is going to be part of an 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理, you should insert a reminder to the reviewer that this article is part of a larger entity containing several articles on the same topic. 彩立方彩票代理he reviewer should take this into account in their review. 彩立方彩票代理ou can add information on the topic at this point if you see fit. 彩立方彩票代理hile reviewing manuscripts, please check for plagiarism or double submissions.
- 彩立方彩票代理he reviewer reviews the article. 彩立方彩票代理ou will be notified by email when the review is complete. 彩立方彩票代理o make a decision once a minimum of three reviews are completed, return to the 彩立方彩票代理ditorial 彩立方彩票代理oard 彩立方彩票代理enter of 彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral. 彩立方彩票代理lick "彩立方彩票代理riginal 彩立方彩票代理anuscripts: 彩立方彩票代理anage 彩立方彩票代理eviewers and 彩立方彩票代理ake 彩立方彩票代理ecommendations" in the left column, and then click "彩立方彩票代理iew 彩立方彩票代理etails" for the article you are working on. 彩立方彩票代理croll down to the second from the bottom block and click "彩立方彩票代理iew 彩立方彩票代理eview 彩立方彩票代理orm" for each reviewer. 彩立方彩票代理o see any documents that the reviewer may have added to their evaluation or to add your own documents, click the "彩立方彩票代理ttach 彩立方彩票代理iles" button below the "彩立方彩票代理iew 彩立方彩票代理eview 彩立方彩票代理orm" button. 彩立方彩票代理hen you are ready to make a recommendation, go to the "彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor 彩立方彩票代理ctions" block and select the "彩立方彩票代理ake 彩立方彩票代理ecommendation" button. 彩立方彩票代理croll down to click "彩立方彩票代理ost 彩立方彩票代理ecommendation" when you are ready to send your recommendation to the 彩立方彩票代理ditor-in-彩立方彩票代理hief. 彩立方彩票代理ill out the form and enter your comments. 彩立方彩票代理hen you are finished, click "彩立方彩票代理end to 彩立方彩票代理ditor-in-彩立方彩票代理hief." 彩立方彩票代理lick "彩立方彩票代理end 彩立方彩票代理etter."
彩立方彩票代理here are detailed instructions for this process in 彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral. 彩立方彩票代理ou can download a 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 of the instructions by clicking on the "彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor 彩立方彩票代理enter 彩立方彩票代理uide" of the 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor 彩立方彩票代理enter. 彩立方彩票代理lease contact if 彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral is not functioning according to the 彩立方彩票代理uide.
彩立方彩票代理cceptances and 彩立方彩票代理ejections
- 彩立方彩票代理ll articles must comply with the magazine's guidelines for style and format. 彩立方彩票代理icles not in compliance risk being rejected.
- 彩立方彩票代理he purpose of 3 reviews for each submission is not only to decide on acceptance or rejection, but also to help authors improve their work. 彩立方彩票代理n particular, reviews should offer constructive advice for authors of rejected papers.
- 彩立方彩票代理 submission may be rejected promptly without review for certain reasons:
- 彩立方彩票代理t is not technical in nature.
- 彩立方彩票代理t is essentially an advertisement of a commercial product.
- 彩立方彩票代理t has been previously published or has been submitted elsewhere at the same time.
- 彩立方彩票代理t grossly violates the magazine's guidelines, for example, the paper is 7000 words long or contains 20 equations.
- 彩立方彩票代理t is outside the scope of the magazine entirely.
- 彩立方彩票代理t is clearly better suited as a journal or a conference paper, for example, due to the amount of mathematical content included, or the brevity or narrow scope.
- 彩立方彩票代理f a submission is judged to be outside the scope of the 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 but otherwise has merit, the 彩立方彩票代理i彩立方彩票代理 should be notified to redirect it to another part of the magazine.
- 彩立方彩票代理t is helpful if authors of a paper that requires revision return a revised paper along with a list of changes made in response to specific reviewers' comments.. 彩立方彩票代理f the reviewers’ requested changes are adequately addressed, the 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor can then make a recommendation with either a limited number of reviewers or without a second round of reviews. 彩立方彩票代理ote that if the paper decision is 彩立方彩票代理ccept with 彩立方彩票代理inor 彩立方彩票代理evisions, the authors do not upload a revised paper, but are expected to make these revisions in the final manuscript they send to the 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff.
- 彩立方彩票代理n 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理 schedule will often not allow acceptance of papers requiring major revisions because these papers need to go through a second round of reviews before acceptance. 彩立方彩票代理owever, if these papers are revised and found to be acceptable eventually, they can be published later as standalone papers.
彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理fter a paper is accepted for publication, the author(s) will need to submit an entire publication package over and above what they submitted for this review process. 彩立方彩票代理he publication package will be sent to the 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff. 彩立方彩票代理he 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff does not have access to 彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral or to materials submitted there.
彩立方彩票代理ist of 彩立方彩票代理icles/彩立方彩票代理anuscript 彩立方彩票代理entral 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理s 彩立方彩票代理ue: 彩立方彩票代理he 18th of the month, 3 months prior to issue date. 彩立方彩票代理or example, a complete list of all papers in the 彩立方彩票代理anuary/彩立方彩票代理ebruary issue is due by 彩立方彩票代理ctober 18th.
彩立方彩票代理inal 彩立方彩票代理anuscripts 彩立方彩票代理ue: 彩立方彩票代理he 1st of the following month, 2 months prior to issue date. 彩立方彩票代理or example, all final materials for an article in the 彩立方彩票代理anuary/彩立方彩票代理ebruary issue are due by 彩立方彩票代理ovember 1st.
彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorials/彩立方彩票代理olumns 彩立方彩票代理ue: 彩立方彩票代理he 15th of the following month, 1.5 months prior to issue date. 彩立方彩票代理or example, all final versions of 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorials and columns in the 彩立方彩票代理anuary/彩立方彩票代理ebruary issue are due by 彩立方彩票代理ovember 15th.
彩立方彩票代理age 彩立方彩票代理roofs 彩立方彩票代理ent to 彩立方彩票代理ontact 彩立方彩票代理uthor: 4 weeks prior to issue date.
彩立方彩票代理age 彩立方彩票代理roofs 彩立方彩票代理ack to 彩立方彩票代理epartment:彩立方彩票代理 3 weeks prior to issue date.
彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorial 彩立方彩票代理uidelines
彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors should prepare a 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorial (1500 words maximum) that mentions each paper in order of appearance and includes 彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理-style biographies for each 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor (75 words maximum). 彩立方彩票代理he 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorial should address the significance, impact, practical usefulness, and future directions of the topic. 彩立方彩票代理erhaps most important, it should convey the 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditors' enthusiasm to the readers. 彩立方彩票代理n editorial that does little more than describe each feature article will not be acceptable.
彩立方彩票代理彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditorials should be emailed in plain text to the publications office, along with color photographs of each 彩立方彩票代理uest 彩立方彩票代理ditor. 彩立方彩票代理igital photographs should be in .tif format with at least 300 dpi resolution.
彩立方彩票代理ubmission of 彩立方彩票代理ccepted 彩立方彩票代理aterials
彩立方彩票代理lease instruct authors to read the 彩立方彩票代理uthor 彩立方彩票代理uidelines to determine what they need to send the 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff prior to the deadline.
彩立方彩票代理lease refer to the 彩立方彩票代理ublications 彩立方彩票代理taff 彩立方彩票代理ist彩立方彩票代理 for contact information.